• All playing rules will follow USA Hockey rules.
• Anyone assessed a game misconduct penalty is required to sit their next tourney game.
• Penalty Breakdown in all divisions: Minor 2:00 min, Major 4:00 min, Misc 7:30 min.
• All teams will go on the ice for a 3 minute warm up and stay on to start the game.
• All games will be 3-15 minute periods.
• There will be no time outs during round robin. 1 time out per team during the play-off round.
• There will be no overtime for the qualifying round.
• Play-off overtime will be 3 on 3 plus goalies (similar to the NHL format), for 5 minutes stopped time. If a penalty is taken, the teams play 4 on 3. If a 2nd penalty is taken before the first penalty expires, the on-ice strength will be 5 on 3. At no time will a team have fewer than 3 skaters on the ice during the OT period. If still tied a shootout will follow with 5 shooters from each team. If tied after 5 shooters a sudden death shootout will continue until only 1 of the players’ scores.
Tie-Breaking Rules to Determine Standings Position:
If two or more teams have an equal number of points, their position in the standings shall be determined by the following tie-breaking format. If one tie-breaker establishes a position for one or more teams, each team is placed in the applicable position. Once one or more teams are placed by a tie breaker, any remaining tied teams shall start the tie-breaking process over again.
A. Most Points
B. Most Wins
C. Goal Differential in all games
D. Fewest Goals Against
E. Fewest Penalty Minutes in all games
F. Coin Toss